Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Comfortable yet stylish shoes - Yes, they do exist!

The sunshine finally arrived and the summer season is officially here, however,  good weather in Ireland can cause a lot of confusion and stress when it comes to choosing what to wear...
I got myself into even more trouble when my friend and I decided to WALK to a pub that was located a mile away! I understand that a MILE might not sound like a lot for many people, but let's just say that my opinion on walking is very different than most peoples. 
I always openly admitted that walking was an "evil invention" and just like hiking it is "completely pointless" and now, not only did I have to find stylish looking shoes, but they also had to be comfortable enough to walk in them for a MILE...
An hour later I was ready to give up on the idea of going anywhere...I was tired, frustrated and needles to say, I was also shoeless.
And just when I was about to have a shoe breakdown* I remembered a pair of lovely and comfy H&M wedges that were tucked away in my wardrobe...eureka, it only took an hour.... and all I needed now was a drink.


shoe breakdown*
specific acute time-limited phase, involving symptoms such as wearing no shoes or very inappropriate shoes in public. 
The long term effects of shoe breakdown could lead to anxiety or depression. Shoe breakdown, in almost all cases, is caused by not owning enough pairs of shoes.


Comfy shoes, sunshine and a well earned Irish whiskey-the recipe for a perfect Sunday in Finnegan's in Dalkey, Ireland.
(the lady in the background is no stranger to "shoe breakdown")






They might not be Jimmy Choo's but they passed the "mile test".  






Below are my top choices for stylish & comfy footwear, great for a Sunday walk to the pub.


1. Low & chunky heel booties
These shoes are certainly made for walking and are super affordable as almost every shoe shop sells them now.
They will look great with denim shorts or girly short summer dresses.
Teddy Bicolore Low Boots by Zadig&Voltaire, €360.00






2. Espadrilles
Every wardrobe should have a pair of these.  Understated and elegant at the same time.
The most comfortable option if you need some extra height.
Adonis espadrille wedges by Tory Burch, from €160.00







3. Flatforms
A beautiful marriage of flats and platforms.  Love them or hate them, they are certainly comfortable.




Jalita sandal flatforms by Michael Kors, from €140.00




4. Ballerinas
I absolutely love the practicality of ballet flats but there is also something very French, cute and "Audrey Hepburn'eske" about them.




Rosario pumps by Pretty Ballerinas, from €149.00





6. Converse
Converse are back, thanks to Kristen Stewart who seems to be "living" in them.
Great for gigs, concerts nights out but also long walks in style. Prices start from €40.00 but if you feel like investing you can order customized pair from www.converse.com 




xxD.

No comments:

Post a Comment