Thursday, May 30, 2013

Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

Diamonds are a girl's best friend and now, more than ever, I want to make new friends thanks to Polly Wales whose new ring collection Archipelago got me wondering just how long can I survive on water and toast so that I can get my hands on one of her intricate pieces...
I first came across Polly designs while browsing through Lesley Craze Gallery website. Lesley has an amazing eye for precious metal designers and displays works of Ruth Tomlinson, Joel Degen and Momoko Kumai to name just a few.



Rings designed by Polly Wales from RAPUNZEL collection




Polly Wales graduated from Royal College of Art London in 2006. Her love of traditional casting and carving techniques combined with exceptional attention to detail creates truly unique and one of a kind pieces of jewelry. 
There is something extremely enticing yet still natural and simple in forms that Polly uses and reminds me of gold rings and pendants worn in Byzantine periods.




Polly Wales, Grey DIAMOND stack ring




All of Polly's pieces are hand crafted to order and available from www.pollywales.com.Typical delivery time 4-6 weeks.




ARCHIPELAGO RING Cushion Cut London Blue Topaz in an 18ct yellow gold setting embedded with antique cut blue sapphires, €4490.00 incl. VAT



I might not be able to afford Archipelago ring just yet, but I have two unchecked EuroMillions tickets in my pocket and...buckets of hope.

xxD.



No comments:

Post a Comment